system of the hard drive. Generally, when file system gets damaged or corrupted the hard drive becomes RAW which makes the data inaccessible.
For instance, when you remove the external hard drive while copying or during transferring files, then the drive becomes corrupt and turns into RAW. When your hard drive becomes RAW then many messages will pop up when you attempt to access the data from RAW hard drive. There are some error messages which comes frequently when you access the data from the RAW hard drive.
- Invalid media type reading drive F: Abort, retry, fail?
- Sector not found
- The disk in drive (F) is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
- There was an error accessing drive H. The disk is not formatted
When your hard drive becomes RAW then it displays the disk space as o bytes and you won’t be able to access any data from the hard drive. If you want to access the data, then you need to format the hard disk which results in complete data loss from the partition. So, if you want to recover data from RAW hard drive then you need to use reliable data recovery software like Partitions Recovery software. To know how to perform data recovery from RAW hard drive, you can visit this link: http://www.partitionsrecovery.com/data-from-raw-hard-drive.html
Reasons for hard drive becoming RAW:
- Corruption of hard drive Partition Table
- Virus infection on file system of hard disk
- Failure of Windows OS
- Damaged of MBR (Master Boot Record)
- Power surge or inappropriate system shutdown while accessing data
- Hard disk failure due to software or hardware malfunction
- Interruption while hard drive re-partitioning process or while formatting or reformatting the hard drive.
However, don’t get panic if you encounter data loss from the RAW hard drive in any of the above-mentioned reasons. In such situation, you can take the aid of Partitions Recovery software to recover data from RAW hard drive with great ease.
- Don’t add any new data to your RAW hard drive which results in overwriting of original data.
- Use powerful antivirus program to get rid of virus infection.
- Make use of UPS device to prevent data loss due to power failure.
Features of Partitions Recovery software:
- Using Partitions Recovery software, the user can restore data from RAW hard on all Windows operating system such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 2008, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
- This software has simple GUI which makes the user quite easy to use and don’t require any prior technical skills.
- The software supports the recovery of data from various brands of hard drive such as Seagate, Transcend, Samsung, Hitachi, Iomega, Western Digital, etc. To know more about the top external hard drive, you can visit this link: http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/storage/external-hard-drive-1292181
- It also supports to get back the data from FAT 16, FAT 32, NTFS5, NTFS, and ExFAT file system.
- Partitions Recovery software is able to perform recovery of data from RAID 0, RAID5, RAID 6, RAID 2, RAID 3, RAID 4, etc. partition.
- You can try the demo version of the Partitions Recovery software to know more about the ability of the software.
- Apart from the hard drive, you can also recover data from a various storage device like memory cards, external hard drives, flash drive, memory sticks, pen drives, etc.
- Using the “Preview” option of the software, you can preview the recovered data before saving it to the chosen place.